Augusta Technical College
Augusta Technical College is a public, post-secondary institution of the Georgia Department of Technical and Adult Education. The school serves technical education needs and supports economic development of the Central Savannah River Area.
Quick Start is the Georgia Department of Technical and Adult Education's statewide training arm for new and expanding industries in Georgia. Developed as an incentive for companies to locate in Georgia, the Quick Start program is 100 percent state funded. All training services are available at no cost to client companies. Created by state statute in 1967 to provide job-specific training for Georgians to enter the workforce in the state's new and expanding industries, Quick Start has trained over 150,000 new workers for over 1900 Georgia businesses and industries. For more information about Quick Start, call 706-771-5716, www.augustatech.edu.
Center for Advanced Technology (CADTEC)
The Center for Advanced Technology was founded by Augusta Technical College to help Augusta area manufacturers compete in the world market through technology transfer. The Center for Advanced Technology's mission is to increase the economic competitiveness of our local business and industry through applied technology transfer, employee assessment, training and general services that will provide opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
- Assessment of company's specific needs
- Development or modification of training materials to meet customer's needs
- Qualified, experienced trainers
- Training conducted on-site or at Augusta Technical College
For more information: Dr. Lisa Palmer, Vice President-Economic Development, 706-771-4090 lpalmer@AugustaTech.edu
Mission & Goals
The mission of Augusta Technical College is to promote the educational, economic, and community development of the Augusta Area.
- To provide competency-based associate degree, diploma, and technical certificate of credit programs to prepare students for employment.
- To provide adult basic education services and developmental courses to prepare students for access to postsecondary education.
- To provide opportunities for lifelong learning through credit and non-credit courses, workshops, and seminars.
- To contribute to the development of business and industry and the community through customized education, job training, and retraining.
- To provide a seamless education system by collaborating with area secondary and postsecondary institutions.
- To provide support services and activities to enable students to develop and achieve educational, personal, and career goals.
- To provide opportunities that allows employees to remain current in their respective positions.
- To provide a planning and management system for the allocation of resources to enhance personnel, programs, facilities, technology, and equipment.
- To provide a positive image through marketing and public relations activities.
- To provide an institutional development program to enhance the college mission.
- To provide research and assessment to enhance planning and decision-making