Richmond County Schools
The mission of the Richmond County School System is to build a world–class school system through education, collaboration and innovation. The Richmond County School system is accredited by AdvancED (formerly the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools).
- Richmond County School System ranked 10th in the 2014-2015 Digital School Districts Survey.
- 32 Richmond County Schools have increased their College and Career Performance Index (CCRPI) in 2015
- Richmond County School System received a prestigious K-8 Mathematics Professional Learning Grant in 2016.
- Davidson Fine Arts School has been recognized for being in the top 10 schools for SAT scores in the State of Georgia for the last 17 years.
- In 2010 The Academy of Richmond County was recognized for maintaining 100 years of continuous accreditation from the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
- Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School has been recognized as a 2015 National Blue Ribbon School.
- Davidson Fine Arts was named to the US News Best High Schools.
- AR. Johnson Health Science and Engineering Magnet School received Industry Certification in Health Care Science in 2015.
- Westside High School received Industry Certification in Early Childhood Education in 2015.
- Glenn Hills High School received Industry Certification in Business and Computer Science in 2015.
- Employees: 4,252
- High Schools: 11 (8 comprehensive and 3 magnets)
- Middle Schools: 13 (3 magnets and 2 K-8 schools)
- Elementary: 34 (1 magnet and 2 K-8 schools)
- Special Schools: 3
- Richmond County Board of Education achieved the Status of a Distinguished Board of Education in 2014 and 2015.
- Graduation rates have improved to 77.6%.
- Approximately 23,000 students are transported each day across Richmond County.
- 24,809 students receive free breakfast and lunch each day.
- Communities in Schools (National) recognized the Richmond County School System for its partnership and efforts in helping students with credit recovery and putting them back on the path to graduation.
- Richmond County Technical Magnet School’s Robotics Team won the 2015 Rookie Inspiration Award at the USFIRST Robotics Competition (FRC)
- Hephzibah High School’s Metal Shop won the 2015 State Metal Competition Skills USA State Conference.
- Hephzibah Elementary School collected the most pounds of food in the region for the 2015 FalCan Food Drive School Challenge.
- Richmond County School System raised $35,511.00 to Fight Childhood Obesity, Heart Disease, and Stroke for The American Heart Association.